Tuesday 25 June 2013

Gastro Friday: The Great American Salad Bar Project




Gastro Friday: The Great American Salad Bar Project


I was first introduced to Chef Ann Cooper while working as a social media coordinator for The Healthy Schools Campaign, a great non profit committed to creating healthy school lunches in the country. I was helping promote the reauthorization of the childhood nutrition act in 2009, and Chef Ann contributed to our blogging project, sharing her opinions on healthy school lunches. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Chef Ann Cooper has paired up with Whole Foods to offer salad bars in 300 schools across the country.

The goal is raise money for the salad bars through donations, which you can make here. The idea is a simple one–offer students healthy, delicious foods, like those found in a salad bar, and they will eat it. While I haven’t done any hard research on this idea, I can attest that when I attend a school with a salad bar while growing up, I ate a lot of salad. What do you think of this project? Do you think it will inspire other schools to raise the money for their own salad bars? Would you eat from a salad bar if you were a student?

Happy Friday!


sumber dari: leenaeats.com

No comments:

Post a Comment