Saturday 8 December 2012

Oil Free Celery Orange Salad Dressing






This was such a simple and delicious low-fat, raw vegan lunch that anyone can make. The best part about nori and dip is that you can mix and match with such a wide variety of ingredients that the possibilities are virtually endless. I like to make sure that I buy organic, raw nori rolls, available at most health food stores or online raw food stores.

Oil Free Celery Orange Salad Dressing Recipe

As a Holistic Nutritionist, I recommend to my clients to steer clear of all oils. They are 100% fat – despite these oils being touted as ‘heart’ healthy, they can easily tip you over the fat ‘safe’ zone; a maximum of 10% of total daily calories should come from fat. Fat eaten in excess will wreak havoc on your health. I’ve noticed huge benefits from dropping pure fat oils from my diet and have been loving my new vegetable or fruit based salad dressings.

For this dressing, you will need a high powered blender, like the Vitmax or Blendtec.
  • 3 Celery stalks
  • 1 -2 oranges
  • 1 cup of coconut water
  • 2 Tablespoons of hemp seed
  • 6 fresh basil leaves
  • 1 date
I just made a mix of dried garden herbs, mixed together and added a little of this as well. You can use a little herb seasoning to enhance the flavoring a little bit, but it doesn’t need much.

Wrap whatever veggies you like into a nori roll. I love to stuff as many leafy green I possibly can into a wrap and I add a little celery, red pepper, sprouts, fresh or sundried tomato, and just a sliver of avocado.

Sometimes I even like to finely slice organic dried figs and make a thin row of those in the nori roll as well.
Do you need some guidance transitioning to a low-fat, raw vegan lifestyle? Check out the Living Food Lifestyle Program that we offer here in Hawaii or the Holistic Nutrition Consultation Packages that I offer.

Have fun with all the endless possibilities that raw, living food has to provide!



sumber dari: sacredsourcenutrition.com

No comments:

Post a Comment