Saturday 27 July 2013

Forget the Salad Spinner




Have you ever had a moment of pure genius? I did a few weeks ago. Or at least it certainly felt like it.

I have been regretting not owning a salad spinner because as everyone knows, a drier salad lasts longer. We eat a big salad with some meat topped on for dinner about once a week and invariably have some left over. I put the salad in an air-tight container and put it in the fridge where it just goes bad. And I have felt that a salad spinner would be the answer to all my problems, except for the fact that I just didn't want to have to buy one and store in my cabinets. I have enough one use kind of things in my kitchen and don't want or need more.

So, a couple of weeks ago, as I was making salad and yet again mulling over the two sides of my salad covered coin, an idea struck. I quickly ran over to my cabinet where my napkins are stored and stuffed on into the salad bowl, snapped the lid tight, and shook, shook, shook.

That little napkin absorbed all the excess moisture! I also kept the cut tomatoes separate from the rest of the salad. Between my fun little napkin trick and keeping the tomatoes in another container, my salad lasts all week now. Whoo hoo! While I'm sure someone else has previously thought of this, it felt like such a victory for me. I don't have to buy another kitchen gadget, plus we now have less waste and also salad more often through the week.


sumber dari: gingerlymade.com

No comments:

Post a Comment